Why are crooked teeth a problem? Teeth that are not aligned properly in your mouth create what dentists call “malocclusion.” Left untreated, malocclusion can lead to periodontal disease and create abnormal amounts of stress on teeth and jaws, which will lead to premature wear. What type of malocclusion do you have? Here are some potential issues:
- Buildup of plaque and tartar
- Harbors harmful periodontal bacteria
- Risk of periodontal disease, tooth, and bone loss
- Food lodges between teeth
- Risk of sore, tender gums
- Risk of periodontal disease
- Over-erupted lower front teeth that can damage the palate
- Premature wear and chipping of the lower front teeth
- Premature tooth wear and risk of chipped teeth
- Abfraction — small notch in tooth at the gumline
- Chipped or fractured front teeth
- Trauma to front teeth
Edge to Edge Bite
- Risk of teeth chipping and breaking
- Jaw joint pain
- Shortened or worn down front teeth
- Abfraction — small notch in tooth at gumline
- Gum recession, loose teeth and bone loss
- Excessive, premature wear on back teeth
If you are ready to experience all the benefits of straight teeth, then call 866.980.8989 today to reserve your appointment with Dr. Paul. We can’t wait to see you smile!
Friendly staff all around and has made my Ortho visits easy!!
Staff are friendly, fast, gentle, and prompt. Thank you for the reminders and standby calls.
Staff is always friendly, helpful and professional.
The staff at Pendleton Family Dental are awesome! They provide amazing customer service and are always professional and friendly. I enjoy bringing my family to this facility.
13030 Vandergrift Blvd
Oceanside, CA 92058